The Energy Cities town and city network can provide you with a unique opportunity to discover, meet and exchange with people working in the field!
Next studytour during our annual conference in Aberdeen, 22-24 April 2015!
Open to all participants - Free for members
- You would like to initiate or develop sustainable urban development and energy management projects in your town or city.
- You wish to raise awareness of sustainable city issues amongst your municipal staff or elected members.
- You want to discover exemplary initiatives, meet players from the field and benefit from exchanges of practical experience.
Our knowledge of European local actions and players over the last twenty years enables us to prepare custom-made programmes based on your expectations and local project needs.
Hundreds of people took part in our study tours in a dozen Energy Cities member cities: Sutton (BedZED) and Southwark (UK), Stuttgart, Freiburg and Heidelberg (DE), Grenoble and Echirolles (FR), Barcelona (ES), Utrecht, Amersfoort and Culemborg (EVA-Lanxmeer) (NL), ...
You too, can visit a member city and get new ideas and inspiration:
- Exchange with elected representatives and project leaders,
- Discover innovative local energy, climate, mobility and sustainable urban development policies,
- Visit ecodistricts, low energy and passive buildings, energy-efficient district heating and cooling solutions, etc.
The Energy Cities study tours are reserved as a matter of priority for our members.
It is possible, however, to accept additional people- municipalities interested in discovering the network, journalists, Energy Cities partners, etc. in ready-made groups.
Please let us know in advance if you are interested, as it takes 2 to 3 months to prepare an adequate study tour.
The average cost is 5,000 euros for a group of up to 20 people for 2 days. (200 euros extra per additional participant, up to a maximum of 25 people ; all additionnal costs for transportation, accommodation, catering and interpretation are to be met by the participants.)
The Energy Cities service includes:
- Preparing the programme in close communication with the host city.
- Arranging logistical aspects (accommodation, catering, local transportation, interpretation, equipment rental, etc.).
- A full information file concerning the sites to be visited and the topics addressed is provided before leaving.
- The presence of an Energy Cities staff member on site.
The cost can be financed as part of continuing vocational training.
Contact: Blandine Pidoux