INTERNSHIP – Project development and scouting of funding opportunities
…with a focus on private Foundations and EU Funding
Deadline for applications: 1st round of selection will be done between 30 November and 5 December 2021, applications possible until 10 December.
We are looking for an intern with strong motivation to assist the business developers on expanding our relation with Foundations.
- Scouting and monitoring of funding opportunities, meaning:
- You will be in charge of scouting EU and non-Eu portals, as well as surfing the internet to identify relevant funding opportunities for Energy Cities.
- You will report on the relevant ones to your supervisor and propose strategies.
- Drafting project applications:
- You will discuss approaches and strategies with the Business Development Team and/or the Energy Cities Project Lab team
- You will support and, in some cases, even lead the development of concept notes and project proposals to ensure the short mid-term development of these project ideas.
Why applying for this mission?
- You will have the opportunity to deeply discover the activities of a European city network, and work with people from different teams, including the steering committee.
- You will have the possibility to be creative and to impact the development strategy of the organisation to support cities in implementing system change.
- You will be at the centre of a large ecosystem of organisations (NGOs, cities, European Institutions, business organisations, universities, etc.).
Why joining Energy Cities?
- You will work on the biggest society challenge: changing our lifestyles and economic models to achieve a sustainable and democratic future, with some of the best-placed actors to implement it: local authorities.
- You will work with a passionate team of more than 13 nationalities.
- You will see in practice how we implement Holacracy, an organizational governance based on decentralized management and collective intelligence.
- You will be in Brussels, a dynamic young and lively city offering a lot of fun and personal development opportunities.
Candidate’s profile and skills
- Level of education: you are in 1st or 2nd year of your Master’s degree
- Candidates must be enrolled in a university
- Post-graduate candidates will not be taken into consideration unless a contract can still be signed with a University
Candidates could have an academic background in: Business, Innovation, International relations, Project Management, Communication & marketing, EU Affairs and International affairs… with interest in energy and climate.
- Excellent command of English (C1)
- Good level of French represents an added value (B1-B2)
- Excellent writing skills and spirit of synthesis
- Ability to take initiative, be autonomous and engaged
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills and user-driven mindset
- Ability to work in an international team
- Location: Energy Cities – Mundo Madou – Avenue des Arts 7-8 – 1210 Brussels, Belgium
- Internship allowance: €850/month
- Duration: at least 5-6 month period
Do you want to join us?
- Applicants must have the legal right to work and live in Belgium
- To apply, please send a motivation letter and your CV to Sofia Corsi
- Closing date for applications: 1st round of selection will be done between 30 November and 5 December 2021, applications possible until 10 December
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and interviewed.