Date of publication: 28th June 2019
Deadline for sending your application: 16th August 2019
Starting date: 1st October 2019 (or earlier if available)
- The contract will be made under the Belgian law;
- Applicants must have the legal right to work and live in Belgium;
- Full time contract of 1 year with a possibility to be extended;
- Location: Brussels (rue d’Arlon, 63-65)
- Availability to travel in Europe in particular;
- Salary conditions: depending on candidate experience and according to Energy Cities’ salary grid; taking also into account candidate expectations (if any);
- Holidays per year: 20 days plus 26.5 extra-legal days;
- Working time: 38 hours (Belgium) working week;
- Other advantages: Attractive health insurance; attractive “Prévoyance package (“Group insurance”); restaurant vouchers; Cyclist fee/allowance; Phone/Internet lump sum of 40€ net/month;
- Starting 1st October 2019 and ending 30th September 2020.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and interviewed (online interviews with successful candidates can be expected in early September).
- Manage and coordinate EU funded projects, specifically those focusing on sustainable energy & climate finance;
- Support EU cities in developing large scale sustainable energy investment plans and in their implementation;
- Plan, execute and monitor EU projects in their main dimensions such as scope, time, budget, risk and quality; ensuring that projects are delivered in compliance with agreed terms;
- Carry out timely and high quality project reporting – administrative, technical and financial;
- Establish trustful relations and communication channels, coordinate and facilitate the communication among the project consortium partners, making sure they deliver with quality;
- Establish relationship and communicate with the EU institutions, in particular executive agencies or secretariats managing the EU funding programmes;
- Actively engage with a broad variety of stakeholders including European local authorities, investors and financers and support them in achieving their energy and climate goals by reducing the gap between municipal sustainable energy planning and financing and implementation of local projects;
- Develop and implement a broader Energy Cities’ strategy related to sustainable energy & climate finance and contribute to Energy Cities’ policy work;
- Initiate new projects: set up a project team, develop new project ideas that are in line with Energy Cities’ strategy, engage with relevant project partners, develop project proposals and negotiate the terms of a contract with the funding agency;
- Represent Energy Cities externally at EU or national events;
- Engage in communication and dissemination activities:
- Organise & facilitate capacity building workshops, webinars and study tours to improve the knowledge of key stakeholders;
- Contribute to the development of communication materials (leaflets, articles, etc.), popularising the topic of energy and climate finance and making it accessible to non-experts;
- Promote and disseminate project results during European conferences.
- Master level studies e.g. in engineering, economy & finance, management, sustainable energy & climate, sustainable urban development & planning or similar;
- Minimum 8 years working experience;
- Proven project management experience and preferably in the fields of energy and sustainability;
- Training and/or certification in project management will be positively evaluated;
- Proven knowledge of local authorities and urban context will be positively evaluated;
- Special interest to work on energy and climate finance;
- Proficient user level (C level) in English is required and independent user (B level) of other EU languages is an advantage, apart from your mother tongue;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as facilitation and training skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to work in an international and intercultural team and environment;
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks;
Please apply through the form below.
Don’t forget to attach your resume and cover letter, as well as any other relevant document you wish to share with us.