We are hiring a candidate with strong motivation to assist the project managers on 3 projects in the field of participative governance, systemic revitalisation of historic city centres and smart cities:
- Living Streets : the project is funded via a German programme called EUKI and is an extension of another project that was funded under the European LIFE programme. For more information: click here.
- HUB-IN: the focus is on reversing trends of abandonment and neglect of historic heritage in a systemic way through the creation of networks of Hubs where innovation will be the main driver. HUB-IN will also have a direct impact on the creation of new sustainable opportunities for local traditional businesses and for the development of new creative skills and jobs. The project is implemented in 8 pilot cities. For more information: click here.
- Smarter Together is focusing on development of ICT solutions for the energy transition in urban areas with a specific focus on residential housing renovation, production and consumption of renewable energy and mobility. Lyon, Munich and Vienna are the three leading cities in the Smarter Together project. For more information: click here.
- Do research and prepare case studies on participative governance/citizen involvement/engagement initiatives.
- Organisation of a couple of webinars on best practices, preparing synthesis and follow up.
- Support with the overall coordination of activities linked to the Living Streets project.
with preparing roadmaps for setting up local hubs of innovation in 8 European
research and prepare case studies on place branding and its impact on local
in setting up a learning programme for cities on place branding: identifying
best practices, identifying experts.
of a couple of webinars on best practices, preparing synthesis and follow up.
with the overall coordination of activities linked to the HUB-IN project.
to communication on the project
with the update of the Toolkit dedicated to replication of best practices
within the project, interviews with city representatives (civil servants,
elected members) and local stakeholders.
telling of the 3 pilot projects in Lyon, Vienna and Munich as well as the
collaboration among the 3 cities as the project comes to an end in July 2021.
with the organisation of a study visit in Lyon, taking place in June/July
(mainly dedicated to elected representatives) – this task will depend on the
Why applying for this mission?
- You will have the opportunity to deeply discover the activities of a
European city network, and work with people from different teams, including the
- You will have the possibility to be creative and to impact the
development strategy of the organisation to support cities in implementing
- You will be at the centre of a large ecosystem of organisations (NGOs,
cities, European Institutions, business organisations, universities, etc.).
Why joining Energy Cities?
- You will work on the biggest society challenge: changing our lifestyles
and economic models to achieve a sustainable and democratic future, with some
of the best-placed actors to implement it: local authorities.
- You will work with a passionate team of more than 13 nationalities.
- You will see in practice how we implement Holacracy, an organizational
governance based on decentralized management and collective intelligence.
- You will be in Besançon, a dynamic city offering a high quality of life
and a very nice natural environment (much greener than Paris or Brussels ;-).
Candidate’s profile and skills
- Level of education: you are in 1st or 2nd year of your Master’s degree
- Candidates must be enrolled in a university
- Post-graduate candidates will not be taken into consideration unless a contract can still be signed with a University
- Candidates could have an academic background in: Sustainable development,
energy and climate, communication & marketing, EU Affairs and International
affairs (related to climate and energy), EU project management, etc.
- Excellent command of English (C1)
- Good analytical skills and user-driven mindset
- Ability to take initiative, be autonomous and engaged
- Excellent writing skills and spirit of synthesis
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in an international team
Work place location: Energy Cities – 2b chemin de Palente – 25000 Besançon – France
Contract duration: 5-6 month period
Do you want to join us?
- Applicants must have the legal right to work and live in France
- To apply, please send a motivation letter and your CV (preferably in Europass format) through the form below.
- Closing date for applications: 15th March.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and interviewed