Published: 20 December 2019
Deadline for applications: 27 January 2020
Starting date: 10 February 2020
Duration: 6 months
Energy Cities is a network of 1,000 local governments in 30 countries. We believe that the energy transition is about more than renewable energy or great technologies: It is about a wise use of resources while strengthening local participation and well-being in a democratic Europe.
We are hiring a candidate with strong motivation to assist the project managers on 2 projects in the field of participative governance:
- LIVING STREETS: the Living Streets project is starting now and will run till 2021. It is funded via a German programme called EUKI and is an extension of another project that was funded under the European LIFE programme.
- TOMORROW kicked off in October this year. It is a Horizon 2020 funded European project. It’s focusing on 2050 transition roadmaps in six pilot cities.
- Living Streets Kick-off meeting and first workshop in Ghent on 26-27 February 2020: help with the organisation, attend and prepare minutes/notes and potentially a short video.
- Do research and prepare case studies on participative governance/citizen involvement/engagement initiatives.
- Organisation of a couple of webinars on best practices with the participation of the local experts, preparing synthesis and follow up.
- Support with the overall coordination of activities linked to the Living Streets project.
- Within TOMORROW, support to the organisation and reporting of Study Tours in Nantes (February) and project meeting in Heerlen (April)
- Follow up of the draft Energy Transition Roadmap Guidelines by DRIFT (https://drift.eur.nl/)
- Follow up on the local workplans
- Support to communication on the project
CANDIDATE’S PROFILE AND NECESSARY SKILLS:
- Level of education: Bachelor’s degree
- Candidates must be enrolled in an university
- Post-graduate candidate will not be taken into consideration, unless a contract can still be signed with their University
Candidates should have an academic background in: Sustainable development, energy and climate, economy and finance, International Relations (related to climate and energy), EU project management, etc.
Excellent command of English
- Excellent writing skills and ability to synthesize information and extract key messages
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work in an international team as well as to take initiatives
- Good command of computer skills
2B chemin de Palente
25000 Besançon – France
Financial conditions: approximately €500/month
DO YOU WANT TO JOIN US?
- Applicants must have the legal right to work and live in France
- To apply, please fill in the application form below and attach a motivation letter and your CV.