PROJECT MANAGER – Energy Cities’ Transition Leaders’ Programme
Date of publication: 22nd August 2022
Deadline for applications: 25th September 2022
Starting date: November 2022 (earlier if possible)
Contract: Full-time, open-ended contract
Location: Besançon (France) or Brussels (Belgium)
WHY THIS POSITION?
- For developping and coordinating Energy Cities’ overall training programme (including methods and tools), developing educational modules to increase the skills of local governments across our five thematic hubs, energizing our transition leaders’ programme
- Supporting project managers with the development of capacity-building modules and adequate methodologies as part of various projects
- More specifically, supporting the project team in the implementation of the HUB-IN project that aims at transforming and regenerating Historic Urban Areas.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A PROJECT MANAGER WHO WILL:
- Design, set up and run the HUB-IN Academy and prepare a portfolio of educational services and programmes, mentorship and leadership training.
- Boost participation of relevant stakeholders and new cities in the Academy to stimulate mutual learning, mentoring and exchange of experiences (knowledge transferring).
- Apply the Academy model and develop a consistent learning programme for each of our thematic hub, based on projects’ key learnings and then create the Energy Cities’ Transition Leaders Programme.
- Support the development of a “Historic Urban Areas Leadership Guide” (with focus on areas such as urban planning, community engagement or educational programmes).
- Support the upscaling and exploiting of the results of HUB-IN pilot cities and create a collaborative global network of Hubs of innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Prospect strategic partners and new opportunities, participate in project proposals development, create and/or maintain very good relations with funders and stakeholders based on our work ethics and principles for action.
- And of course, participate in the development of the association: based on your interests and Energy Cities’ needs, you may propose to work on different topics to make our network more relevant to local governments and a better place to work (e.g. development of organisational tools and process, greening and teleworking policies, etc.).
IS THIS POSITION FOR YOU?
- You want to leverage local leaders’ capacity to embrace the transformation of local ecosystems towards a society living within the planet’s boundaries
- If you want to be part of a mission-oriented organisation with strong values and applying holacracy as internal governance
- You hold a Master or equivalent diploma
- You have a background in education and local policies will be positively evaluated
- You can justify of minimum 3 years of working experience in a field relevant to the position and have experience in project management
- You show interest in system change approaches (governance issues, transition management, stakeholders and citizen engagement, urban and energy planning, policies and financial instruments, etc.).
WHAT SKILLS AND ABILITIES SHOULD YOU HAVE?
- Proficient use of level English (C level) is required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent facilitation and training skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in an international and intercultural team and environment
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks.
- Open-ended, full-time contract
- The contract will be made under French or Belgian law. Location: Besançon (France) or Brussels (Belgium)
- This position implies travelling, in Europe in particular (mostly missions of 2-3 days)
- Salary conditions: according to Energy Cities’ salary grid
- Working time: 38-hour working week in Belgium, “forfait jour” at 205 days in France
- Holidays per year: 20 days plus 26.5 extra-legal days in Belgium, 46.5 days in France
- Other social advantages (depending on the country): Attractive health insurance, restaurant vouchers, cyclist or public transport allowance, phone/Internet lump sum, and teleworking allowance.
- Starting in November 2022 (earlier if possible).
WANT TO JOIN US?
- Applicants must have the legal right to work and live in Belgium or France
- Prepare your CV and explain your motivations via any channel (audio, video, letter…) Submit your application documents on the webpage https://energy-cities.eu/jobs/
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and interviewed.