The ENA is non-profit association, established in 2006, which develops activities in the areas of environment and energy and aimed at sustainable development of the community in which it operates, acting as a promoter of change in behavior and usage habits of resources and involving the local actors in order to create a truly efficient energy and environmental culture.
Located in the Setúbal Peninsula, its area of intervention integrates the municipalities of Palmela, Setúbal and Sesimbra, having developed and participated in projects with repercussions in the energy, environmental, economic, socio-demographic and territorial areas, in a region that combines industrial activity and technology forests, agriculture and handicrafts, tourism infrastructures and natural areas.
The ENA actively participates in RNAE – National Network of Energy Agencies, and is an associate member of Energy Cities, participating in the preparation and discussion of policies and international and national strategies on environmental issues and energy, as well as specific cooperation projects. Since 2006, ENA has been working on a number of European, national and local projects, establishing partnerships and developing specific activities that allow it to gain useful experience for this specific project, namely:
- Training and awareness campaigns on energy efficiency, renewable energy sources, mobility and management of natural resources aimed at public authorities, private entities, associations and citizens, in the context of specific projects (Knowing & Agir, GEEPMEs, Promotion 3e, Rota dos Óleos Used Foods, RecOil and YAECI);
- Awareness raising, dissemination and training of the educational community:
- Training of teachers in the areas of rational use of energy, environmental promotion, sustainable mobility, among others, of which the training course under the protocol with the Teacher Training Center of the Order of Santiago stands out.
- Within the framework of the Covenant of Mayors, it works with Municipalities, other public entities, companies, citizens and civil society organizations in the elaboration, implementation and monitoring of action plans for sustainable energy (ENA municipalities);
- Elaboration and discussion of Sustainability Reports (GRI4);
- Implementation of energy management processes in public and private entities
- Development and implementation of technical training programs (teachers, students, decision-makers, technical staff from private and public entities) in the areas of environment, renewable energy and energy efficiency (Energy Game II, Young Energy Leaders, of Energy in Schools, ISO 50 001);
- Energy audits (ISO 50 002) and energy certification of buildings (public and private entities);
- Measurement and verification of organizations’ energy performance (ISO 50 015);
- Development and implementation of Municipal Energy Observatories, since 2009;
- Development, together with its Municipalities, of the Arrábida Energy Strategy.
- Interreg MED COMPOSE), together with NGOs and associations that represent civil society, of tools and materials to raise awareness, solutions and technical projects for Municipalities, social entities, school, business and rural communities, to increase energy sustainability (Interreg MED COMPOSE) .
Source : ENA official website