The Workshop/Masterclass presents a new educational framework devised
to accelerate the transition of cities led by a new generation of
architects, designers and decision makers.
The interdisciplinary innovative courses call for ambitious
and conscious citizens and professionals, ready to engage in the
construction of a sustainable future.
The Transition Workshop 2020 is set to:
- Raise awareness in sustainable architecture, urbanism and landscape architecture.
- Foster and transmit design tools and methods for resilient buildings and cities in the wake of climate emergency.
- Empower a new generation of space designers
(practitioners, public administrators, decision makers) with the
capacities to build, rehabilitate, preserve, reuse whilst protecting the
Under the overarching cultural Programme The Eco-Century Project
®, the Transition Workshop 2020 addresses the professional interactions, scales
and methods of the urgent ecological transition in the future urban realms. In
the aftermath of the COVID-19, the Transition Workshop 2020 pioneers in setting
the basic tools of our common project:
How people should live in
cities to avoid future sanitary disasters?
What should be the relation of human settlements to the
How can we fight climate change while providing resilience
We invite you to:
- Study the ecological transition through innovative action-research.
- Design with experts and stakeholders for sustainable communities.
- Join our global collaborative platform to boost your local initiatives.
- Be an agent of change for a bio-diverse and healthy planet.
We thus contribute towards achieving the Sustainable
Development goals set by the United Nations.
the workshop, will be present, among many others:
- Claudia R. Binder, dean ENAC/EPFL, full professor,
Laboratory on Human-Environment Relations in Urban Systems (EPFL)
- Stefano Boeri, architect, urban planner, writer,
professor (Polytechnic University of Milan)
- Dominique Bourg, philosopher, politician, honorary
professor (University of Lausanne)
- Tobias Brosch, Consumer Decision and Sustainable
Behavior Lab, Department of Psychology, Geneva University UNIGE
- Peter Droege, urban designer, planner and urban
sustainability expert (LISD), general chairman of the World Council for
Renewable Energy (WCRE)
- Gregory Giuliani, Head of the Digital Earth Unit
(GRID-Geneva) & Senior Lecturer in Earth Observations Geneva
- Robert Sadleir, Economist, former UN Humanitarian
worker UNHCR, ISO Smart Cities and Sustainable Communities
- Werner Sobek, engineer, architect, co-founder of
the German Sustainable Building Council, professor (University of
- Paola Viganò, architect, planner, director of the Habitat
Research Center (EPFL)
applications: June 15th 2020.
Contact: +41 (0) 22 311
(open Tuesday through Thursday 9am-5pm)
Informations (en français également):