Buoyed by their on-the-ground experiences, the public and private stakeholders of the Efficient Buildings Community ask EU decision-makers, EU programme managing authorities and national public authorities in Member States to design policies that consider the following six recommendations.
- Engrave deep renovation of public buildings in National Energy and Climate Plans (NECPs)
- Make sure that 100% of regional and local authorities have a well-working energymanagement system embedded in their organisational culture
- Tackle skills gap in public authorities and the construction sector
- Facilitate access to adequate public funding as well as to alternative finance sources for local and regional public authorities
- Increase the share of RES production and consumption in public buildings
- Massively replicate know-how generated in EU funded projects
The Community is not claiming radical changes in legislation, but expect existing work to be deepened, broadened and strengthened. The local level needs a favourable and securing frame to act sustainably.