Local and regional authorities have the potential of becoming a real driving force of the European energy transition. However, this still needs to be clearly reflected at the national level. The upcoming review of NECPs could be a chance for Member States to improve their processes and use a multi-level governance approach. This session will focus on the imperative to embed local authorities and stakeholders in the update of these strategic plans and will share the different multi-level dialogue practices implemented in some of the EU Member States.
- Mrs. Paula Abreu Marques from DG Energy, Head of Unit Inter-institutional, Policy Coordination and Planning (ENER.A.1), Directorate-General for Energy of the European Commission
- Mrs. Iva Petrova, Deputy Minister of Energy from Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Bulgaria
- Mrs. Asa Minoz, Innovation Strategist, RISE Research Institute of Sweden, Viable Cities programme
- M. Andries Gryffroy, member of the Flemish Parliament and member of the European Committee of the Regions
- M. Josko Klisovic, president of the Assembly, city of Zagreb and member of the European Committee of the Regions
- João Correia Bernardo, Director General of the Portuguese Directorate-General for Energy and Geology, responsible for the NECP