During the 3 days forum organised by the Right to Energy Coalition, Energy Cities will co-host a session focusing on the power of community energy to alleviate energy poverty on 26th Jan 16-17:30. This session will showcase geographically diversified, first-hand experiences tackling energy poverty and highlight obstacles and opportunities for kick-starting your own energy solidarity initiatives.
- Noemi Garcia Lepetit from Valencia/LAS NAVES knows all about city-driven neighborhood initiatives around energy poverty and energy communities, she is part of the WELLBASED and POWER UP projects
- Lucie Middlemiss, Professor for Environment and Society at University of Leeds, brings her expertise on the energy poverty situation in Leeds and UK and the “lived experience” approach to better understand the situation of energy poor people. Lucie is involved in the WELLBASED project that focuses on the impact of energy poverty on health.
- Chris Vrettos is a Master’s graduate from Stockholm Resilience Center with a degree on “Social Ecological Resilience for Sustainable Development”. He’s working for Electra Energy Cooperative, a social enterprise that promotes the active engagement of citizens in renewable energy production in Greece, the Balkans and abroad.
- Kevin Chaplais is the Director of Les Amis d’Enercoop since 2015, a non-profit organisation / think and do tank engaged in the promotion of a citizen led energetic transition. Energie Solidaire is the last program incubated by Les Amis d’Enercoop, which has since 2017 become an endowment fund. Énergie Solidaire has for sole purpose to develop innovative ways to collect donations in order to fund energy poverty alleviation programs across France.
- Paula Damaška is a sociologist from Green Energy Cooperative dealing with matters of energy poverty, energy efficiency, citizen engagement and impact measurement. She is passionate about interdisciplinary approaches to energy problems as well as broader climate change discussions.
- Miriam Eisermann – Energy Cities (WELLBASED & POWER UP)
- Heleen Schockaert – REScoop.eu (CEES)
- Marilyn Smith – EnAct (CEES)
- Dimitris Tsekeris – FoEE & Community Power Coalition